Week 2
I don’t want to imagine something so
difficult happening to my family, but for assignment sake. If had to flee to
another county with three items that I hold dear to me and that represent my
family culture they would be my bible, a photo album of my most prized family pictures
and my sense of hope and joy.
I had a difficult time trying to decide
what to bring with me as I fled the country, the reason is my family culture is
based on more than material things. The culture that I grew up in and that I tried
to raise my kids in is of love, kindness, respect and hope. My bible would be
my most cherished possession that I would want to keep. I would be considered
a picture hoarder due to the number I take and have. I have learned the hard
way that sometimes that is all you have left to hold on to. As far as my hope
and joy, it is what keeps me going.
I would be devastated to give up any
of my possessions, but I will place my pictures in my bible and no one can take
away my hope and joy unless I allow them too.
The insights of this assignment was I
first thought of the immigrants that have innocently had to flee to their county
and what a hard decision they must have had deciding what to leave behind. I
thought about all of the things that are important to me that I would only hope
I would keep in the depths of my heart for memory sake. I battled fear as I thought
of the worry I would have of losing someone I loved or something I treasured. I
also realize that what we would each decide to bring would be as different as
our culture's are.
No comments:
Post a Comment