Week 3
I chose to write about a positive example of how research has made a positive impact with children and families. A high quality research study by five separate universities led by the Harvard School of Education between 1960-2016. This study showed the multiple benefits of early childhood education. For the children that attended a high quality early childhood programs. Because of this study more funds, resources and professional development has been focused towards this field. Children, families and professionals in the early childhood field are getting to reap the harvest of the outcomes of what this study has highlighted.
I personally have seen how much more a child benefits from a high quality program over a child that enters kindergarten without having that opportunity. Our states are starting to see the true value of this programs. It is funding benefit as well due to the fact that when a child attends a high quality program that utilizes the early intervention philosophy, they are less likely to need special education, less likely to drop out of school, more likely to graduate and less likely to end up in the prison system.
That early start helps children increase their social emotional development. I enjoyed reading this study to see how far we have come in the early childhood field, and that we are finally able to see how important a child's start in life is
The resource I found is New Harvard Study, reveal lasting benefits of quality early childhood education. By Megan Feldman.
New Harvard Study, reveal lasting benefits of quality early childhood education, Feldman Megan (March 23, 2018). Retrieved from
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Staying teachable will insure continued growth.
Welcome to my blog. I am excited to interact with my classmates in EDUC-6165. The person in my life that I feel is competence in communica...
-
Week 5 I enjoy reading about other countries and their approaches to early education. I attended a NAEYC and was enlightened as to how even...
-
Week 3 blog assignment For this assignment I interviewed my best friend, my sister and one of my co-workers. They are all from diverse bac...
-
I don’t want to imagine something so difficult happening to my family, but for assignment sake. If had to flee to another county with ...
No comments:
Post a Comment